The last time I was here was about 3 and a half years ago and, I came back thinking I really needed help-bad. The VA was once again helping me out, I am a veteran, and they’ve always had my back. So they like to send us to the Heartland House, they have a special contract with them, which is really cool. So I went in there and I started to really listen to what was being said to me, which I hadn’t done before.
- Have You Tried to Stop Drinking On Your Own and Been Unsuccessful?
- Do You Have a Habit of Drinking or Using Alone?
- Have You Ever Felt Defensive, Guilty, or Ashamed About Your Drinking?
- Do You Need to Use Drugs or Alcohol to Feel “Normal”?
- Has Substance Use Caused Problems in Your Personal or Work Life?