Heartland House has provided a successful patient-centered social model program, adapting our approach in response to ongoing research in the field of addiction recovery. Our program looks at the whole individual — his needs, obstacles and liabilities, as well as his strengths, assets, resources and support structures – to help him adopt and maintain a clean and sober way of life.
Our results show the success of our program. In fiscal year 2015-16, we achieved or exceeded all our targets.
Clients that completed the program or made satisfactory progress
- 52.6% 52.6%
Of those successfully contacted for follow-up after completing treatment*:
- Reported no relapse in the last 30 days 94.9% 94.9%
- Were Employed 77.6% 77.6%
- Had no Criminal Activity 99% 99%
- Were Attending 12-step meetings 72.9% 72.9%
- Had a Sponsor 76.7% 76.7%
As an organization, Heartland House has accomplished much for a moderate-sized facility:
- earned a Level of Care designation from the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) – the “gold standard” in the field of addiction recovery;
- was accredited by The Patriots Connection a clearinghouse for organizations in San Diego County that provide quality services to veterans;
- received a Gold Rating from Guidestar, (the largest rating agency of nonprofit organizations) based on its review of our organizational operations, finances, measurements and results.