Letter from The Board – Heartland House COVID-19 Measures
Please see the below letter from our Board of Directors regarding the adjustments we have made to our operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Heartland House, our number one priority is the safety of our residents and staff. While we continue to provide superior treatment during the COVID-10 pandemic through counseling, recovery meetings, and twelve-step work, we do so while protecting the well-being of everyone at Heartland House by adhering to the following measures:
- Social Distancing – Our residents maintain a six-foot distance between each other at all times.
- Reduced Dining Area Density – Residents eat meals in three shifts so as to minimize the number of people sharing the dining area at any one time.
- Reduced Density in Living Spaces – Bedrooms with beds that are less than six feet apart have been converted to single occupancy. This measure has reduced the number of residents that we are able to accommodate but is absolutely necessary to protect everyone in our facility.
- Personal Protective Equipment – All residents and staff wear masks throughout the day.
- Symptom Checks – Each day, every resident and staff member have their temperatures taken at three intervals and are checked for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Quarantining – Although no resident or staff member has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we have designated one available apartment for anyone who becomes ill.
- Strict Hygiene Practices – Every resident and staff member is continually reminded through signage and verbally to wash their hands, avoid touching their faces and ensure that their clothing and shoes are cleaned as needed to prevent exposure to viruses.
By engaging in these measures, Heartland House is able to continue in our mission as a place of recovery and healing from substance abuse disorder. We will do our level best to accommodate any prospective client in need of the treatment that we provide, and to provide a safe environment for their journey to wellness.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.